(Canberra) Data Analyst
Calytrix Technologies is an Australian company specialising in the delivery of software, systems, and training support services to the Australian and international defence community. Calytrix has more than a decade of experience designing and delivering complex training events having delivered over 125 training activities involving military, government agencies, OGOs, UN agencies and emergency responders.
Calytrix has been intimately involved with ADF training since 2007 and remains an integral component of the HQ JOC joint and collective training capability. As part of our expanding role supporting the ADF we are increasing our simulation support capabilities to the ADF's new Core Simulation Capability (CSimC). This group, operating within the Joint Capability Training Branch will be responsible for delivering simulation services to make the Joint Collective Training environment as real and accessible as possible.
Calytrix has over 60 employees, maintaining offices in Canberra, Perth and Orlando, Florida. Approximately 50% of our workforce are ex Defence members.
About Your Position: Data Analyst
Calytrix is seeking Data Analysts who will be responsible for the capture and collation of requirements used to develop simulation training solutions in support ADF Joint Collective Training (JCT) activities. These positions will be available from January 2021 and are offered as full-time roles.
Working in the Joint Collective Training Branch (J7-JCTB) of Headquarters Joint Operations Command (HQJOC), the Data Analyst will work closely with the JCTB Joint Collective Training Directorate technical and plans teams to capture and interpret training and technical requirements which are used as part of broader technical solutions to deliver training outcomes for simulation enable collective training activities. In this capacity the Data Analyst will:
- Design and utilise data monitoring systems to proactively provide efficiencies in service delivery.
- Design and utilise data monitoring techniques with exercise data to provide input to required reporting, continual service improvement and customer feedback.
- Develop and implement data collection plans used to support training after action reviews.
- Contribute to the design of simulation enabled training solutions to support process analysis, system design and requirements definition to meet agreed training objectives.
- Develop high level requirements and work with project teams to have these translated to more detailed specifications.
- Develop acceptance criteria and support testing activities.
- Contribute to and assist in authoring solutions to one or more projects or releases.
- Engage relevant internal and external organisations to obtain applicable source data in support of requirements definition.
Successful candidiates will have:
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst with a Defence background
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with developing queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Some knowledge of Defence training processes and/or simulation systems would be desirable.
- A minimum Baseline Security Clearance (NV1 preferred) with an ability to upgrade to NV2.
- The ability to travel within Australia and overseas in support of training planning and execution activities.
Supporting military training using simulation is an exciting and expanding field of endeavour. As a member of the Calytrix team, you will be working with a close-knit group of ex-military planning specialists and technical professionals to deliver robust and effective simulation solutions to support ADF training.
Calytrix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply to [email protected] by sending a covering letter and brief resume addressing the skills and experience listed above.