(Canberra) Software Developer
Calytrix Technologies is an Australian company specialising in the delivery of software, systems, and training support services to the Australian and international defence community. Calytrix has more than a decade of experience designing and delivering complex training events having delivered over 125 training activities involving military, government agencies, OGOs, UN agencies and emergency responders.
Calytrix has been intimately involved with ADF training since 2007 and remains an integral component of the HQ JOC joint and collective training capability. As part of our expanding role supporting the ADF we are increasing our simulation support capabilities to the ADF's new Core Simulation Capability (CSimC). This group, operating within the Joint Capability Training Branch will be responsible for delivering simulation services to make the Joint Collective Training environment as real and accessible as possible.
Calytrix has over 60 employees, maintaining offices in Canberra, Perth and Orlando, Florida. Approximately 50% of our workforce are ex Defence members.
About Your Position: Software Developer
Calytrix is seeking Software Developers who will be responsible for the development of simulation software and integrated simulation training federate used to support ADF Joint Collective Training (JCT) activities. These positions will be available from January 2021 and are offered as full-time roles.
Working in the Joint Collective Training Branch (J7-JCTB) of Headquarters Joint Operations Command (HQJOC), the Software Developer will work closely with the JCTB Joint Collective Training Directorate technical and plans teams to integrate, modify and develop simulation software which is used to deliver training outcomes for simulation enable collective training activities. In this capacity the Software Developer will:
- Modify existing (COTS and GOTS) software packages which are used as part of a large training federate to meet operational requirements.
- Be responsible for the integration of simulation and C2 applications into the simulation core.
- Provide level 3+ support to JP9711-1 operational delivery.
- Work with the broader JP9711-1 development team to develop, test and integrate new software releases as they are introduced into service.
- Develop acceptance criteria used to validate in service simulation training solutions.
- Assist simulation technicians with the configuration, management and sustainment of individual simulation systems and training confederates for exercise activities.
- Support the execution of simulation supported training events as part of the Technical Control (TECHON) or Simulation Control (SIMCON) elements.
- Proactively identify new or improved processes, technologies or conventions to support continual service improvement initiatives.
- Provide high level reporting on operational systems.
Successful candidiates will have:
- C++ development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing applications, or subsystems within them.
- Ability to tackle hard problems independently.
- Structured approach to milestones and progress demonstration.
- A focus on understanding and improving user experience.
- An understanding and experience with ADF C4I.
- A working level understanding of ADF C2 systems.
- Ability to work to a deadline within an Agile environment.
- The ability to communicate and present ideas in a structured manner (written and oral).
- Commercial Java, C# or Python experience.
- Knowledge of simulation standards (DIS, HLA, TENA).
- Some knowledge of 3D/Graphics math with an ability to develop 3D models a bonus.
- Some knowledge of Defence training processes would be desirable.
- A minimum Baseline Security Clearance (NV1 preferred) with an ability to upgrade to NV2.
- The ability to travel within Australia and overseas in support of training planning and execution activities.
Supporting military training using simulation is an exciting and expanding field of endeavour. As a member of the Calytrix team, you will be working with a close-knit group of ex-military planning specialists and technical professionals to deliver robust and effective simulation solutions to support ADF training.
Calytrix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply to [email protected] by sending a covering letter and brief resume addressing the skills and experience listed above.