(Canberra) LVC Simulation Planner
Calytrix Technologies is an Australian company specialising in the delivery of software, systems, and training support services to the Australian and international defence community. Calytrix has more than a decade of experience designing and delivering complex training events having delivered over 125 training activities involving military, government agencies, OGOs, UN agencies and emergency responders.
Calytrix has been intimately involved with ADF training since 2007 and remains an integral component of the HQ JOC joint and collective training capability. As part of our expanding role supporting the ADF we are increasing our simulation support capabilities to the ADF's new Core Simulation Capability (CSimC). This group, operating within the Joint Capability Training Branch will be responsible for delivering simulation services to make the Joint Collective Training environment as real and accessible as possible.
About Your Position: LVC Simulation Planner
Calytrix is seeking experienced Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) Planners who will be responsible for the design and implementation of complex simulation solutions to support ADF Joint Collective Training (JCT) activities. These positions will be available from January 2021 and are offered as full time roles.
Working in the Joint Collective Training Branch (J7-JCTB) of Headquarters Joint Operations Command (HQJOC), the LVC Planners will work closely with the JCTB Joint Collective Training Directorate to gather requirements for large scale training activities and to translate requirements into tailored activity support plans within assigned time frames. In this capacity the LVC Planner will:
- Represent the JCTB and the LMA Team at exercise planning events for supported simulation activities.
- Develop technical project management plans to execute simulation requirements in support of designated exercise activities including specific event requirements and their refinement into technical specifications via a standardise planning and ticketing process.
- Work closely with a large team of Technical and training specialist support staff to oversee the build of specific simulation solutions to meet development timelines and objectives.
- Design and oversee the numerous test events to meet the desired simulation effects and timelines.
- Provide input to resource requirements, cost, quality, risks, issues, and schedule for assigned events.
- Identify and document event issues and risks and create action plans to manage issues.
- Conduct briefings to relevant Defence and contract organisations on progress and intent of agreed solutions.
- Support simulation supported exercises via on-site representation and supervision of the assigned technical staff and processes. This will involve a requirement to travel to Defence locations and conduct shift work over extended periods.
- Support ADF Exercise Staff, observer/trainer and mentor staff to refine requirements for future simulation-supported events.
- Support after-action review for future simulation-supported events as part of the continuous improvement process; and
- Support post activity remediation including the drafting of Technical Post Activity Reports (PARS).
This position will need to liaise very closely across a number of organisations including the LMA Technical Team, the J73 Exercise Plans Team, various representatives of the training audience, Coalition Plans Teams, coalition technical delivery teams, CIOG, external simulation providers and extant JCTB contractors. As such it will require a mature individual who can work in a complex environment, to tight timelines and synchronise a range of inputs to develop tailored and focused simulation support plans. The candidate will need the ability to work independently in a representative capacity.
Successful candidiates will have:
- A strong background in technical project management with foundation level qualifications in project management.
- A good understanding of Defence exercise and training requirements.
- The ability to work in a complex multi-vendor environment and to be able to adapt to changing requirements and timelines.
- Strong and proven writing and briefing skills.
- Hold a minimum Baseline Security Clearance (NV1 preferred) with an ability to upgrade to NV2.
- The ability to travel within Australia and overseas in support of training planning and execution activities.
In addition, the ideal candidate/s will have:
- A Defence (ADF) background with experience in technical management and delivery of communications information systems or similar.
- Experience with Defence simulation systems at the individual or collective training level.
- Deployed operational experience.
Supporting military training using simulation is an exciting and expanding field of endeavour. As a member of the Calytrix team, you will be working with a close-knit group of ex-military planning specialists and technical professionals to deliver robust and effective simulation solutions to support ADF training.
Calytrix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by sending a covering letter and brief resume addressing the skills and experience listed above.