(Canberra) Test Analyst
Calytrix Technologies is an Australian company specialising in the delivery of software, systems, and training support services to the Australian and international defence community. Calytrix has more than a decade of experience designing and delivering complex training events having delivered over 125 training activities involving military, government agencies, OGOs, UN agencies and emergency responders.
Calytrix has been intimately involved with ADF training since 2007 and remains an integral component of the HQ JOC joint and collective training capability. As part of our expanding role supporting the ADF we are increasing our simulation support capabilities to the ADF's new Core Simulation Capability (CSimC). This group, operating within the Joint Capability Training Branch will be responsible for delivering simulation services to make the Joint Collective Training environment as real and accessible as possible.
Calytrix has over 60 employees, maintaining offices in Canberra, Perth and Orlando, Florida. Approximately 50% of our workforce are ex Defence members.
About Your Position: Test Analyst
Calytrix is seeking Test Analysts who will be responsible for the development, execution, and reporting of test plans for simulation training solutions used to support ADF Joint Collective Training (JCT) activities. These positions will be available from January 2021 and are offered as full-time roles.
Working in the Joint Collective Training Branch (J7-JCTB) of Headquarters Joint Operations Command (HQJOC), the Test Analyst will work closely with the JCTB Joint Collective Training Directorate technical and plans teams. The Test Analyst is responsible for assisting preparing and executing scripts that evaluate performance and compatibility with the intended operating environment of developed applications or software which is used to deliver training outcomes for simulation enable collective training activities. In this capacity the Test Analyst will:
- Develop acceptance criteria used to validate in service simulation training solutions.
- Develop specific test plans and scripts for internal (build) testing, distributed event functional testing as well as operational testing.
- Develop reports and reporting formats used to analyse solution effectiveness and identify rectification plans.
- Work with the broader JP9711-1 team to develop and execute test events in support of new capability material releases.
- Engage relevant internal and external organisations to obtain applicable source data in support of requirements definition and acceptance criteria.
- Construct process and/or equipment recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of test programs.
Successful candidiates will have:
- Proven working experience as a Test Analyst or technical and reporting experience preferably with a Defence background
- Quality assurance experience in a structured test environment.
- Proficiency in software testing techniques, testing tools.
- Experience with service management tracking systems and other test-support tools.
- Proficiency in black box and white box testing techniques.
- Strong hands-on working knowledge of SQL and experience with Oracle and MS SQL databases.
- Testing experience of Client Server and Web based Systems.
- Some knowledge of Defence training processes and/or simulation systems would be desirable.
- A minimum Baseline Security Clearance (NV1 preferred) with an ability to upgrade to NV2.
- The ability to travel within Australia and overseas in support of training planning and execution activities.
Supporting military training using simulation is an exciting and expanding field of endeavour. As a member of the Calytrix team, you will be working with a close-knit group of ex-military planning specialists and technical professionals to deliver robust and effective simulation solutions to support ADF training.
Calytrix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply to email@example.com by sending a covering letter and brief resume addressing the skills and experience listed above.